Our Medical Malpractice Case Results
- A $5.4 million recovery for a client who was diagnosed with lupus, which was not properly managed or treated by her doctors resulting in her suffering kidney failure.
- A $5.38 million recovery for client who suffered renal failure resulting in kidney transplant and reduced life-expectancy from failure to timely and properly treat lupus.
- A $3.5 million recovery for patient who suffered anoxic brain encephalopathy resulting from negligently performed cardiac surgery.
- A $3.5 million recovery for a client who suffered a severe brain injury after undergoing surgery for a congenital heart defect. Plaintiff’s experts opined that he was subjected to a riskier procedure when less risky surgical options were available to treat his condition.
- A $3.175 million for a plaintiff who suffered a hemorrhagic stroke after the hospital failed to properly diagnose a brain bleed suffered from a fall.
- A $2 million recovery for a child born prematurely who suffered a grade IV intraventricular hemorrhage and developed cerebral palsy.
- A $1.8 million recovery for medical malpractice for a man against hospital for failure to timely initiate oxygen therapy resulting in anoxic brain injury.
- A $1.2 million recovery for a 69-year-old woman for unnecessary lower back surgery.
- A $1.2 million recovery against doctor and hospital for family for failure to diagnose fetal hypoxia leading to developmental delay in child.
- A $1.15 million recovery from a family practice physician who was managing the antepartum care for a mother carrying twins and who failed to provide proper care while the mother was in labor. The doctor’s negligence resulted in one twin baby suffering a grade IV intraventricular hemorrhage and developing cerebral palsy.
- A $950,000 recovery for a client who suffered a brain injury as a result of an intraventricular hemorrhage caused by her doctor’s negligent prescription of Bactrim while taking Coumadin.
- A $850,000 recovery against family practice doctor for negligent delivery of baby by forceps causing facial deformity and scarring.
- A $600,000 recovery against hospital for extravasation (a discharge or escape from a vessel into the tissues) of chemotherapy drug during cancer treatment.
- A $500,000 verdict for the estate of an 89-year-old individual who was dropped from a gurney while being transported from a nursing home to the hospital and suffered a brain bleed causing his death.
- A $500,000 medical malpractice recovery from doctor who failed to appropriately prescribe corticosteroids leading to avascular necrosis of the hip.
- A $460,000 recovery for a woman who suffered bowel incontinence as a result of failure to timely perform lumbar laminectomy.
- A $400,000 wrongful death settlement for estate of a 72-year-old woman resulting from failure to treat diabetic ketoacidosis.
- A $375,000 recovery against surgeon for failing to timely diagnose cellulitis and treat MRSA infection.
- A $375,000 recovery against doctor for failure to obtain prompt diagnosis of rotator cuff tear resulting in less than optimal outcome after repair of tendon.
- A $300,000 recovery for a child against a doctor for failure to promptly refer the child for diagnosis of retinoblastoma.
- A $300,000 recovery for the estate of an individual who was negligently prescribed fentanyl after he had developed an addiction to pain medication and died as a result of an overdose.
- $300,000 recovery from a doctor and hospital for failing to properly diagnose and timely treat our client’s cauda equina syndrome when she presented to the hospital with severe low back pain and numbness in her left leg.
- A $300,000 recovery for wrongful death against hospital and surgeon for failure to diagnose and treat abdominal infection.
- A $300,000 recovery against an orthopedic surgeon for failure to properly perform knee replacement surgery resulting in revision surgery and permanent limp.
- A $285,000 recovery against a pathologist for failure to diagnose breast cancer lesion resulting in partial mastectomy.
- A $100,000 recovery against a hospital for a client who developed bedsores while being treated for an illness.
Place Your Case In Experienced Hands
You can rely on our lawyers to aggressively pursue the maximum compensation you are entitled to while providing you with the individual attention you deserve. Call Slater & Norris, P.L.C., in West Des Moines, Iowa, at 866-412-5937 for a free initial consultation with our attorneys, or send us a message using our website.